In addition to my full time roles, I have a series of interests in other organisations and quite often I am asked to do one off projects. These have ranged from:
- Assisting in filling in local government funding applications for a care home
- Setting up costs centre reporting for new revenue streams in a sheltered housing organisation
- Reporting to Samaritans main HO regarding branch network statistics and compiling business unit performance measures
- Non Exec roles in Construction business
- Setting up accounting systems and liaising with funders in waste management business
- Setting up new charity (Befrienders worldwide) and liaising with solicitors and Charity Commission regarding memorandum and articles together with new constitution
- Advising Credit Union on potential merger (this did not happen due to cultural difference)
- Consultancy work on closure of a charity and merging with another, larger charity (Children with Tumours and Neuro)
- Report in conjunction with Charity Commission’s overall strategic review of charities and general advice to AIDS related Charity in Liverpool (Sahir House)
- Interim FD work for Association of MBAs whilst incumbent on long term sick leave.
- Negotiation in various compromise agreements with several charities
- Recruitment of CEO for Association of MBAs using Heidrick and Struggles
- Revisions to investment policies for charities
- Mentored school teams in the annual BASE business competition for the ICAEW
- contributed to ICAEW podcasts on their Business Advisory Service.
- Contributed to Academic learning on several MBA courses inc University of Westminster and Leicester University
- Contributor to HST talks for online Business school learning https://hstalks.com
- currently looking at Blockchain technology and identity management
- Member of Pre Pack Pool vetting panel
I have sat on the Finance and Management Faculty of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and have been involved in special work relating to business performance management, as well as regularly contribute to articles and magazine pieces.
I also contribute to the Financial Reporting Council as part of their SME sub group.
I have held director/trustee roles at the following organisations: